When We Are Closed
Medical help is available on the following numbers when the practice is closed:-
Between 18:30 and 08:00 Monday to Friday and at weekends - please ring 111
The Wigan GP Extended Hours
The Wigan GP Extended Hours now offer appointments with Nurses for a variety of services and reviews between 18:30 – 20:00 weekdays and 10:00 – 16:00 Saturdays.
The appointments are for:
- Cervical Smears
- Contraceptive pill checks - (not the depo provera injection)
- Long Term Condition reviews:
- COPD reviews
- Asthma reviews
- Diabetes reviews - (annual bloods need to be done a few days before the review date)
- Peripheral Arterial Disease reviews
- Ischaemic Heart Disease reviews - (annual bloods need to be done a few days before the review date)
- Stroke reviews
- Atrial Fibrillation reviews
- Heart Failure reviews
(Ask our call handlers or refer to the website for the list of LTC reviews available – and book a double appointment)
Tele: 01942 482848 or refer to our website: http://www.wigangpalliance.org
Out-of-hours services are generally busy so please think carefully before asking to see a doctor and only do so if you genuinely cannot wait until the surgery re-opens.
In a genuine emergency you should call 999. Chest pains and / or shortness of breath constitute an emergency.